subscribe: Posts | Comments | Email


Days 2 and 3 of the UltraSimple Diet

Days 2 and 3 of the UltraSimple Diet

Day 2

My second day on the diet started oddly, and went down hill from there. Some of it was just life and would have happened anyway, some was diet related.

All the information you need to do the UltraSimple diet yourself can be found in the book [ad#UltraSimple Diet Book], available at

First off, I woke up after only three hours of sleep. I tried and tried, but finally gave up on sleep and got up feeling like a zombie. Then there was a fracas in the neighborhood that involved the police. More excitement than I wanted to start my day, for sure!

After that, my husband called in a panic. “Have you seen my wallet and my work phone? Did I leave them on my desk?” No, no sign of them. He bicycles to work, and apparently they had fallen out of his jacket pocket somewhere along the way. Would I please get in the car and follow his route downtown to see if by some miracle I could find them, and he would do the same from the other end?

Not what I needed. But with money and credit cards in the wallet and the work phone costing him $500 if he lost it, definitely had to be done. I suggested he try to find out where the GPS showed the phone to be. So he checked with the appropriate person, and they had a “last recognized at” location. When I got close, I started looking. Understand, this was a busy street with lots and lots of traffic, including bicycle traffic.

Just past the intersection he had mentioned, I saw something small on the side of the bike lane, almost in the gutter. I screeched to a stop — traffic behind me be damned — and jumped out. As I told him later, he must be the luckiest guy on the planet. I found the wallet, intact, nothing missing, as well as the phone (in three pieces, which I found). Once the battery was replaced and the back cover put on, it worked. Hallelujah!

Of course, all the excitement had completely disrupted my “breakfast” routine. Didn’t drink my lemon juice in water or my green tea, and was actually drinking my shake in the car as I drove along looking for his stuff.

Felt lousy when I got home, so I decided to take a nap. It’s a good thing I planned this week to have maximum control over my schedule, because I don’t know how people with traditional jobs can do it.

Didn’t nap very well either, dragged myself out of bed feeling worse than when I lay down. I feel exhausted and crabby, and on top of that I’ve gotten nothing done today.


Lunch was leftovers from dinner the night before as I just couldn’t think my way through more than heating stuff up. To say it was uninspiring is a huge understatement. It included fish, which I had baked in the oven with some olive oil, garlic and fresh basil from the garden, brown rice cooked with turmeric, and sauteed green cabbage.


I completely copped out. Didn’t feel like eating or going to any effort, let alone thinking, so I had a shake and that was it.


Needless to say after a dinner of just a shake, my stomach was growling. I grabbed a stalk of celery and some hummus, and that at least quieted the growling.


I have to say, the bath almost makes the rest of the diet worthwhile. I am really enjoying the tub soaks with a book, and may even continue doing them after the diet is over.

Day 3

Still didn’t get enough sleep (about five hours), but better than second day. I also felt a whole lot better.

My morning routine felt more routine, although I still goofed up. I’m supposed to be taking the buffered ascorbic acid when I do the nasty lemon juice/olive oil drink, but I keep missing it. I took it with breakfast instead.

I’ve never been fond of broth-based soups, prefering the creamy ones instead. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look a bowl of broth in the face again after this week, but I’m forcing it down.


Lunch today was actually really good. I made the almond chicken recipe from the book, and although the coating was a bit dry, the chicken inside was moist, tender and declicious. Yum! This was good enough I’d eat it any time, although I think I’d add a bit more liquid to the marinade than the recipe calls for. I added the rice with turmeric and some sauteed red cabbage with onion and garlic that was quite tasty.


Nothing worth mentioning. I cooked up half an acorn squash, which I ate along with more rice. Snacks throughout the day were as instructed (broth, broth and more broth, with a shake thrown in for good measure).

Did the UltraBath, went to bed and slept like the proverbial log.

If you like what you see in this post or on the website, click the “share this” link above the title. Poof! You’ll see all sorts of social media icons pop up. You can click the appropriate icon to share this page on delicious, digg, stumbleupon, squidoo and a bunch of others.

Read About the Rest of My Week on the UltraSimple Diet

The UltraSimple Diet: Getting Ready
Laying In Supplies
My First Day on the UltraSimple Diet
Days 2 & 3
Days 4 & 5
The Home Stretch: Days 6 & 7
The UltraSimple Diet: Was it Worth it?

468 ad


  1. UltraSimple Diet — Was it Worth it? | Overcome Diabesity - [...] 1 Days 2 & 3 Days 4 & 5 Days 6 & [...]
  2. Days 4 and 5 of the UltraSimple Diet | Overcome Diabesity - [...] UltraSimple Diet: Getting Ready Laying In Supplies My First Day on the UltraSimple Diet Days 2 & 3 Days…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *